IT Job Seeker
- Profile -
- Looking to start a career in IT
- Years of experience supporting a multitude of systems and situations.
- Problem solver with experience in various fields.
- Comfortable as team member or team leader.
- Excellent at learning new skills and incorporating new knowledge into existing projects.
- Education -
- UMASS Boston — B.S. Information Technology
Systems Administration Track, 2017
- Skills -
- CompTIA A+ Certified
- Apple, Microsoft, and Linux Experience
- Linksys, Tp-link, NetGear, and some Cisco exposure
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Filemaker, Quickbooks, Standard Apple Programs, and experience in many more programs
- VirtualBox and VMWare Experience
- Troubleshooting Experience with Apple, Microsoft, and Linux systems
- C, Python, Java, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, CMD, HTML5, CSS3, XML, and other languages
- FTP, SFTP, SSH, NFS, SMTP, DNS, SMB, and more Protocols
- Server setup Windows 2012, Raspberry Pi Home Router, Ubuntu
- Experience with computer diagnostics and repair
- Experience -
Graphic connections — September, 2017 - December, 2018
Acton, MA & Watertown, MA
- While job searching in 2017 after graduating with my BS, the previous store manager of the Acton store quit abruptly, and I offered to step in.
- After seeing some improvement in the Acton location I moved to the Watertown location to work on equipment installation and procedural revisions.
- Installed and developed procedures for new Automatic Screen Printing machine
- Decided to leave to focus on seeking out a new career in IT
Graphic Connections — 2014 - 2017
- After being approached by the owner, I returned for higher pay than previous to streamline the embroidery production process.
- Implemented a new management software, FastManager, which is specifically tailored to the apparel decoration industry.
- Researched new production equipment and designed a plan to install.
- Trained a new embroidery machine operator.
- Diagnosed machine issues and production problems.
- Left at the end of 2016 to finish the last semester of my degree, in which I had to take an overload of classes.
Exclusive Realty — 2013 - 2014
Real Estate Agent / Web Developer
- Passed the Real Estate Agent License Test in 2013.
- Worked mostly as a rental agent, marketing landlord’s properties to renters, as well as working directly with potential renters to find an apartment that interested them.
- All rentals required that the renter be vetted for the landlord, which involved running credit checks, and calling references.
- Sales agent on two condo sales with the business owner, drawing up the required paperwork, running Sunday open houses, and getting the desired price for the seller.
- To bring the company up to date I had a project approved with the owners to have Verizon Fios installed, run ethernet through the ceiling panels to all desks, and implement a VOIP system from Jive.
- An additional project was to improve the website, which I coded myself, and gave access to the backend database already in existence. They have since changed the site but an example of my work can be seen here ExclusiveRealty.net
Graphic Connections — 2008 - 2013
Graphic Designer / Embroidery manager / Interim Manager
- Sole graphic designer, designing artwork to customer specification, and preparing it for screen printing.
- Became the embroidery manager in 2009 when the company acquired new embroidery machinery, ensuring embroidery orders were designed and completed to customer specifications.
- When the manager retired to Florida in 2010, I took over as interim manager for a year, and was in charge of working with customers to design product embellishments, maintaining billing, receiving payment, ordering product from vendors, receiving product, and ensuring all orders are completed to satisfy the customers’ needs.
Watertown Public Schools — 2005 - 2016
Theater Rental Technician
- Junior year of high school I got involved in technical theater.
- The high school theater is rented out to dance troupes, meetings, concerts, and it is required that at least one technician be present to assist with A/V equipment, and other needs, of the renters.
- After graduation I continued to work for the school on rentals as well as technical directing a number of the high school musicals over the last ten years.
- 2-3 Paid rentals per year
- In 2017 I designed and built the set for the musical Shrek, in addition to technical directing.